Normally a student will hold a Master’s degree before being granted admission to the program. Those holding undergraduate degrees are encouraged to submit an application to a relevant Masters program at Boise State University. Significant progress can be made towards the PhD degree while in a relevant Masters program. Cyber Security applicants are expected to have competency in upper division undergraduate courses in computer programming in a major language (such as C, C++, Java, or Python), datastructures, and computer networks.
- Applicants without a Masters degree are recommended to have a GPA of 3.0 or better in the last 40 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Applicants with a Master’s degree is are recommended to have a GPA of 3.3 or better in their Master’s degree program.
- While submission of GRE scores is required, no minimum scores are explicitly specified. The GRE scores are evaluated together with applicant’s professional background.
- Applicants who have received their master’s degree may submit their previous official GRE scores for admission to the master’s program.
- Students whose native language is not English must submit a TOEFL score of 550 or higher for the paper-based examination and 80 or higher for the Internet-based examination, or an IELTS score of 6.0 or higher.