- Priority Deadline for Fall Admission and Program Funding Consideration: January 15th.
- Deadline to apply for fall admission: April 15th
- Deadline for Spring Admission: September 15th.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Applicants to all emphasis areas should have completed coursework in computer programming or documented experience in programming. In addition, applicants should meet the requirements listed below for their chosen emphasis area.
Emphasis Area Requirements
Computational Science and Engineering
Upper-division undergraduate coursework in differential equations and linear algebra. (equivalent to MATH 333 and 301 at Boise State)
Upper-division undergraduate coursework in data structures and algorithms. (equivalent to CS 321 and 421 at Boise State)
Upper-division undergraduate coursework in data structures and introductory systems programming. (equivalent to CS 321 and 253 at Boise State)
Data Science: beginning spring 2019
Upper-division undergraduate coursework in linear algebra and calculus-based statistics. (equivalent to MATH 301 and 361 at Boise State)
- Applicants without a Masters degree are recommended to have a GPA of 3.0 or better in the last 40 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Applicants with a Master’s degree are recommended to have a GPA of 3.3 or better in their Master’s degree program.
- In general, successful applicants will have a total score of at least 300 and a score of 150 in the quantitative portion. A score of 330 total and 165 quantitative, or better, is considered excellent.
- Applicants who have received their master’s degree may submit their previous official GRE scores for admission to the master’s program.
- Applicants who have completed a masters degree in a closely related field may request a waiver of the GRE requirement.
- Requests must be submitted online via this Google Form.
- Requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the application deadline.
- Requests are reviewed and granted by the Program Co-directors.
- To waive the GRE requirement students must have completed a research-based thesis as the culminating activity for thier Masters degree.
- Waiver of the GRE requirement does not guarantee nor improve chances of admission.
- International applicants who have successfully completed a Bachelors or Masters degree at a regionally-accredited US institution are exempt from submitting language test scores.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit a TOEFL score of 550 or higher for the paper-based examination and 80 or higher for the Internet-based examination or an IELTS score of 6.0 or higher.
- TOEFL scores of 587 (paper-based) 94 (internet based) or above are considered good or excellent.
- IELTS of 6.5 and above are considered good to excellent.
- Additional information about Boise State language test score requirements can be found on the international admissions website.
Ready to Apply?
Please review the application materials to ensure your application is complete.