Applications to the PhD in Computing must be submitted through the Graduate College’s online application system.
Required Application Items
- A statement of research experience, interests, and goals.
- Clearly identify the area of emphasis
- Name three faculty members as potential advisors. A list of faculty, with links to profiles, sorted by emphasis area is available at http://computing.boisestate.edu/emphasis-area-faculty/
- Do not use templates. These two resources provide in-depth guidance on how to write a statement of purpose and prepare your application:
- Official transcripts
- Details on how to submit official transcripts can be found on this page: https://graduatecollege.boisestate.edu/official-transcripts/
- Three letters of recommendation
- We recommend requesting letters from a variety of sources, academic advisors, work supervisors, etc.
- GRE scores
- Submit scores to Boise State University. (code R4018).
- Applicants should have a total score of at least 300.
- Applicants who have a masters degree in a closely related field may request a waiver by contacting the program coordinator.
- TOEFL or IELTS score if you are an international applicant.
- Submit scores to Boise State University (code R4018).
- International applicants who have completed a Bachelors or Masters degree at a regionally-accredited US institution are exempt from submitting language test scores.